Saturday 12 July 2014

15 Day Affirmation Challenge: Day 6 [Self Worth]

I am participating in PE's 15 Day Affirmation Challenge. For more information, click here.

Today's challenge is about self worth. In some ways this is similar to self love, or at the least, is tied to it. All feelings of the self, self-esteem, self-love, self-worth, etc. are all tied up with each other, and a struggle with one usually means a struggle with all. Of course the opposite is true as well.

"Identify an area in your life where you are experiencing some self doubt right now."
  •  right now I'm experiencing self doubt in the social arena. I've always been a bit unsure of myself in this area, but after a particularly difficult few years in this area in university, I really began to struggle with myself in wondering whether I was capable of socializing and forging close connections with others. It seemed as though it were something others were able to do effortlessly but with which I was left floundering. This led to anxiety surrounding anything remotely social and is still something I get anxious about to this day.
"Identify your dream vision for this area."
  • my absolute dream vision for this area would be to find what people refer to as their "tribe". I would love to find a group of like minded individuals; people who understand me, accept me and love me for who I am. People I can be myself around, those with whom I can share my deepest thoughts and who will reciprocate in both feeling and action. Additionally I would like to be at ease in knowing I am indeed capable of forging deep connections, as well as being confident in less intimate social settings.
 "Create your affirmative belief in this area."
  • I deserve deep and fulfilling friendships with people who truly care about me, accept me and love me for who I am. I deserve to be confident in knowing I am socially capable and competent and that my worth does not depend on anyone else's opinion of me. I deserve to never feel isolated and abandoned or rejected. I deserve love in all forms.

This task was a bit challenging for me, to be honest. There are so many ingrained negative beliefs in my mind that I need to weed out and replace with positive, more loving ones. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be doing this, however, and I think it's both the kick I need to start making positive changes as well as a chance to really dig deep and solve the mystery of the origin of these negative self beliefs.

"I'm worthy of love, success and happiness."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment